Friday, January 23, 2009

Mommy's Big Mistake!!!

I Am Sooo Sorry!!!




I made a big mistake last week. I forgot McKennah's Dare graduation!! I swear I tried really hard to remember. That morning on my way to the gym I kept thinking how am I going to remember McKennah's graduation (yes I am normally forgetful) so I called Steve at work to have him call and remind me later in the day to go (of course he had a Dr's appt. so he's off the hook). I called both his cell phone and his office phone and he didn't answer. I hung up my cell phone and thought "I am making such a big deal out of not forgetting there is no way that I will". So I proceeded with my workout at the gym and never thought of the graduation again until later when Steph called me and asked if it was okay if she gives McKennah a ride home...OH MY...IT WAS OVER AND I HAD FORGOTTEN!!! When she got home she was crying...so I started crying...it was a mess, and I felt horrible. I called Steve on his cell and sobbed to him so he stopped and bought her some roses (which I do have pictures of). So if any of you amazing Mom's out there that didn't forget like I did to go to the graduation have any pictures or video of this memorable occasion please, please send them my way, and yes you can give me a hard time too!!!

5 comments:

Steph said...

Stacey don't beat yourself up too much, although I have done that a time or two. Makes you feel soooooo bad. Luckily, kids are so forgiving. She really held it together well, I had no idea that she was even upset.

Angela said...

I'm sorry Stacey, that is sad. But I'm horrible lately with remembering things. It's because life is flying by and we have so much on our minds. I have forgotten family birthday parties, which my kids were invited to, Primary parties, which my kids are sitting home bored and fighting when they could have been there. The list goes on and on. That was very nice of Steve to buy her roses. I wouldn't even think of that!

Kim said...

Oh, Boy! Have I ever been there before! The worse one I did was when I took Kloe to her dance performance and somehow I got the time mixed up! When we walked in, her group was on the stage dancing! There she was all ready and her dance was over! I felt like the worse Mom ever! What was funny though is that she really didn't seem to mind. (thank goodness!)
And yes, there has been others!

Jenny Lee said...

Oh how we can all relate! I'm always forgetting my kids activities. I need a calendar built into my brain that will flash a red light in front of my face to remind me of important things. I'm sure someone has some pictures you can get. Don't feel too bad. Sounds like you guys made up for it.

laceemo3 said...

We all forget things! I took pics Bai already emailed them to Kennah. Dont worry Im sure she has forgiven you!